“Failure is not having the courage to try, nothing more and nothing less. The only thing standing between most people and their dreams is the fear of failure. Yet failure is essential to success in any endeavor. Failure tests us and allows us to grow. It offers us lessons and guides us along the path of enlightenment. The teachers of the East say that every arrow that hits the bull’s eye is the result of one hundred misses. It’s a fundamental Law of Nature to profit through loss. Never fear failure. Failure is your friend.”
The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari, Robin S. Sharma.
I must admit I don’t like to use the words “fear & failure” because they make people feel inadequate and are generally negative words that don’t help our self esteem. Perhaps you’ve read one of my old posts titled “Life Thesaurus Part 1” (https://bernessameetworld.wordpress.com/2013/11/25/life-thesaurus-part-1/), then you’ll know i decided to rename “failure” as “lessons learned” and “fear” as “hurdle”.
Here are 5 ways to hurdle life’s lessons:
1) Expect that you will make a mistake every now and again! This is life and nothing goes to plan. We are human and we make mistakes, but life goes on, so hold your head up high and soldier on.
2) Learn from your mistakes! Reflect on what happened and think about how you might act the next time. A mistake made is a lesson learned.
3) Stay positive and present! Find a solution for your problem but keep positive and most importantly, remain in the present. There is no point worrying about the past because it has already happened, and there is no point worrying about the future because you don’t know what will happen between the present and the future. Take day by day.
4) Talk to someone! Sometimes we get caught up in a moment and can’t see clearly. Talking with a friend or a family member can help you get an issue off your chest and also get a clearer perspective on the situation from another persons point of view.
5) Be inspired and remember your successes! Look around you, to your role models, your friends and family. Everyone has overcome a failure at some stage in their life, so look to those people for inspiration and motivation to get you back on track. Also remember your successes. Take note of all your successful moments and write them down to remind you that there have been awesome times too!
HAPPY FRIDAY! 🙂